This is an unprecedented study in terms of size and scope.
- 27,000 patron responses from 58 organizations across the US and Canada.
- Dance, Music, Theater, and Presenter disciplines are represented.
It demystifies generational relationships with digital and traditional media.
- Facebook is still king, with 80% of all under 35 year olds and 54% of those 65+ using it weekly or more.
- 89% of respondents over 65 who read print newspaper also read news online.
- 50% of respondents under 34 NEVER read print media.
Shows it's a multi-device world for the arts, too.
- 40% of all respondents who accessed the Study Partner’s website in the past 12 months used a smartphone to do so at least once.
And, lets us in on where patrons what to buy tickets.
- 79% said they prefer to buy tickets online, rather than via phone, in person, or by mail.
- 95% of respondents purchased tickets online in the past 12 months and 37% of those purchased on a smartphone.